Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Peace Corps

So in a little over six months, if everything goes as according to plan, this will become a “Peace Corps” blog for a little over two years. This is exciting a nerve-wracking and makes me want to cry tears of happiness everywhere. I have wanted this for so long, for as long as I can remember. And now, now it is so extraordinarily close, and it scares the living daylights out of me, because once we achieve our dreams, what are we left with? I can’t wait to travel and live somewhere completely different for two entire years, really being on my own, and hopefully learning as I attempt to help those around me.

As of right now, I will be leaving in January of 2012 for a French-speaking Sub-Saharan African country to do Health Extension work. So basically, I will be doing what I have always wanted to do. I am so excited! This will bring so many new adventures…

Have a great end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment