Friday, March 1, 2013

So Many Updates!

I'm sorry I haven't been writing. Between 30 hours of tutoring a week, and a full course load (Bio, Chem, Physics, & Calc), I haven't had much of a spare moment, but...

I did hear from Peace Corps.

So basically, I had to re-start from the beginning, sort of. I had to fill out the application, which took me about 4 hours one night (yay for saving the first time around). So I did that, but then there was some confusion, so I was going through the beginning of the application process and Medical Pre-Clearance at the same time. I got Medically Cleared (FINALLY!), and then I had my interview and was told I would be nominated. My recruiter was really nice, and was totally on my side.

 I interviewed on Friday, February 8th, (exactly 2 years and 1 week from my original interview), and was nominated on Valentine's Day after checking in with my recruiter. No leave date, no placement, no region, just that I was nominated.

I called the Placement Officer I had spoken to in December last Wednesday, after emailing the previous Friday but hearing nothing, and he called me back within 2 hours to explain that I was basically at Placement, they just had to wait until my Applicant Portal was updated. He said I would know within a few weeks, and that I would most likely be leaving in June or July. I checked on Tuesday, and that has been updated to Legal Clearance, so now I'm just waiting. I emailed my Placement Officer today, so I'm hoping to hear tomorrow, especially since last Friday there was an influx of Invitations, according to the Facebook Group.

So now we wait.

But FINALLY! Yay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

Post a Comment