Saturday, July 15, 2017

Run 28 Before 29: My Newest Goal

Again, I apologize as it has been awhile since I last posted. However, I have something new and exciting to write about, and it will definitely have me writing quite a bit over the next year.

I'd been tossing around the idea of running 28 races after I turned 28, mostly because the older I get, the harder this is going to be to achieve. On my birthday, I decided to go for it.

As of right now, I've already run 2 races and I have another race coming up tomorrow. I'm probably signing up for another race next weekend, and then I'm already signed up for a 31km race at the beginning of August, bringing my total to 5 of 28 races by approximately 10 weeks out from my birthday, which means my timing is good for now.

More exciting news: I'll be attending graduate school starting in August! I will be getting my Masters of Public Health from Columbia University in NYC, meaning I'm moving once again. Perhaps I will blog about that trip as well, since I'm driving cross country. It's been 6 years since I made the cross country trip on the train, and that was heading away from my time at undergrad, so this almost feels like a good book-end to that.

I'd also like to write an update comparing my time in Peace Corps to my time as an AmeriCorps VISTA, which will be wrapping up on August 12th. This past year has absolutely flown by!

With that being said, I should probably get some sleep before my race tomorrow.

I hope you're having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment