Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sorry! And A Great Documentary

I know I have been away for a while, but I have been trying to get my life together for the big move home to the other side of the country! I promise I will write more before the end of the month, however, I'm leaving you with a documentary about Fistulas that aired on PBS. It's under an hour long, very informative, and is an explanation of one of the reasons why I would like to be a midwife in developing countries.

It is called "A Walk to Beautiful" and it is a great look at one woman's journey.

I first heart about fistulas this past January when reading "Half the Sky." I was both surprised and appalled that they are rarely treated and instead many women are left to die because of the stench. I was also surprised that I had not heard of them before then, but you live and you learn!

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week!

PS - Peace Corps Update: I'm sending my appeal paperwork by the end of this week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment