Monday, July 4, 2011

Weird Traveling Dreams

Now, weird travel-related dreams can fall into two categories: 1) Dreams about traveling, which this post is about and 2) Dreams that come from traveling, such as the intense dreams I had while on anti-malarials in 2009 while in TZ. I will write a post about those dreams later, but for now, my recent weird travel dream.

A few nights ago, I dreamt that my family and I were going to Australia. I have never been to Australia but I have always wanted to go. Also, there is no way that my entire family will ever go to Australia, for a number of reasons, including money and the fact that my brother hates to travel. Maybe it was just me and my mom, and in my mind, I just extended it to all of us. It was a dream after all, and when you think about dreams for too long after waking up, details tend to become fuzzy.

Anyway, there was a big plane, and we got through security. We only had one small carry-on bag for our entire time there, which was weird. Then I realized, after getting through security, that I forgot my passport. Also, I forgot to mention that we were running late and running through the airport to catch the plane, which was huge. My mom said, “Forget your passport, you don’t need it,” while I’m freaking out about my stupidity.

I will never, ever forget my passport. I have forgotten my phone. I have forgotten my phone charger. I have even forgotten my underwear (don’t ask). But I have never traveled anywhere without my passport. I take my passport everywhere. I treasure my passport, because of the stamps inside of it.

It took me awhile to realize that it was a dream, and when I woke up, I was still confused. I hate when I have dreams that confuse me that turn into days where I am just off of my game. That’s what I was all day after I woke up: a space cadet.

Aww well. This has been a random post, but travel-related nonetheless. I promise I will update with more interesting things than my psyche next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment